To the Honorable Council of the Red Silken Glove,
I am here to report on the actual events behind the “tragic fire that destroyed the Langwina estate, killing everyone there in a freak accident”.
We determined that the remaining necessary information was in Langwina Estate, which we would raid and try to take Langwina and any of his paperwork/journals available. We found that Langwina also had two of the “3 Daggers” mercenary company with him (both Krom the Cruel (an orc soldier) and Liana M’ldolvan (elven mage) as personal guards, along with approximately 10 rank and file members of the 3 Daggers.
At this time the ship was experiencing some issues, so Jack was required to stay with the ship and conduct emergency repairs. Meanwhile Jeyya disappeared during our meeting and we are unsure her location or status. We also secured a lead lined coffin to place the remains of Black Mane. We are still troubled by where is wife might be.
- Goggles of the Night (bestows dark vision) engraved with “Captain Jack” (for Jack).
- Necessary materials for Rabbit to use shadow walls to block in people into the estate.
- Bag of Holding (group item).
- Belt of Mjolnor (Belt of Dwarvenkind) for Glorion.
- Javelin of Belwar (Javelin of Lightning) for Glorion.
- Halstut’s Claw (Frostbrand Greatsword) for Glorion, returned within 24 hours.
- 5 x Breather masks.
- 6 alchemical sleep grenades ( 1 used during operation).
- Belt of Susha’s Grace (belt of regeneration) for Key.
- Elmanien War Mace (mace +2 magic) for Luke
- Ganesh’s Gift (a figurine of wondrous power – Jade Elephant) for Luke and Key.
We then used the plans provided by Luke’s friend Te’Teh and determined I would go in alone to secure the wizard while the rest of the group would go up to the front door, using clothing secured from Black Mane’s men. Luke would present Glorion and Key as prisoners.
The plan worked very well and I have to say all three other members of this operation were professional, smart and very adaptive as the situation changed. The group pushed their way into the home and began to secure the house. Details of that part of the operation will be given by Glorion, Key or Luke as I wasn’t present.
I secured the wizard and then moved into the main part of the manor house. I found Key had rendered several guards incapacitated on the second floor, while on the first floor Glorion was engaged with Krom the Cruel with Luke helping both with healing and clerical spell attacks on Krom.
Both Glorion and Luke did better then I would expect. Both of them are very capable, but the reputation of Krom would give him decades of fighting experience more then the two of the others combined.
I did witness Glorion lose his new great sword, the ice blade shattered for an unknown reason against Krom’s sword. We found later that Krom had a sword that bestowed luck upon the wearer, along with an expendable item that would protect its wearer. I assume it was that item (later to find it was a “Ring of Bishomenten” along with the “Sword of Bishomenten” which was a Luck Blade).
Glorion was able to finish off Krom, while being healed by Luke and we secured the manor. The group was able to salvage most of the valuables on the estate, valuing about 20,000gp. With fencing costs we should clear approximately 10,000gp along with the 5,000gp Sobhan is paying us for the box.
Because Tismath’s Oddities offers a 24 hour warranty Glorion was able to return the shattered sword. He was able to turn the shattered sword, along with luck blade, and ring of bishomenten to have Tismath reforge his family weapon into a Holy Avenger Greatsword named Silevegil (a +5 Greatsword, +2d6 Radiant damage against enemies of Corellon Larethian, giving advantage on saving throws from spells and abilities cast by enemies against the holder and anyone within 5 feet, once per day can cast Dispel Magic in 20 foot radius as a 5th level spell). The shop/mage kept the remaining abilities in the Luck blade in payment.
The final salvage count was the following:
- 15,000gp that will be split among 6 shares (Glorion, Key, Luke, Rabbit, Guild, Group) so that would be 2,500gp each.
- Ring of Protection +2 (went to Key).
- Wand of Lightning (will be going to Jack).
- Cloak of ElvenKind (going to Glorion).
- Luke and I did not receive an item, we will get an extra pick in our next salvage.
Final Assessment: The group is far better then Sobhan was hoping for. They may be able to help with the other needs of the Council in the future. I also have the utmost respect and belief that this group can close the portal in the temple.
Yours in service,
Members in Attendance:
XP Award 2,375